How many of you will be preparing turkey this Christmas? Even if you have done it already in the last couple of years it is still quite engaging and for those cooking whole turkey for the first time even terrifying. But no worries because we in Carpet Cleaning Lords are people of many talents and we do happen to know not only how to clean your carpet but also how to prepare a turkey! Yes and it is really simple if you follow our steps.
1. Make sure the turkey is not frozen , remove the insights if they are still inside and try to clean as much as you can. If you do not clean it from the inside when you put it in the oven the blood from inside will flow into the stock.
2. In a pan melt 50gr butter and mix it with 2 cups of water and 1 vegetable stock. Leave it to boil for a minute or two.
3. Place your turkey in a roasting pan with the breast up. Now you can get half a spoon of gravy granules and pour them on top of the turkey.
4. Over the turkey pour the hot mix you already made from the butter, water and vegetable stock over the whole turkey and the gravy granules. For best meat preparation with a small knife cut small pockets between the skin and the meat and with a spoon put part of the mix inside the pockets. You can now rub the surface of the turkey with salt and pepper
5. You can now preheat the oven. For preheating put the maximum temperature on. Then lower the temperature to 170 degrees Celsius or gas mark 5.
6. Once the oven is heated cover your turkey with aluminum foil but make sure to leave it lifted in one corner so part of the heat leaves the pan. Now every 45 minutes open the oven and with a spoon pour the sauce on top all over again and fill in the skin pockets. Then put the foil back on and continue roasting. For a turkey around 4 kg this it will take 3 and a half hours until fully cooked.
7. At the end the last 15 minutes remove the foil so you get the golden color!
8. And you are ready to serve!